The Original Growtech Series has been discontinued and the Cultivate Tech App will stop receiving updates as of December 2020. Newer iPhone and Android operating systems will not be compatible with the app, but it will still be functional on older systems.
Cultivate Tech Fixture and Bluetooth App Instructions
The Cultivate Tech Bluetooth App is a free App to be used with the Original Growtech Series (Growtech160 and Bud Booster). Through Bluetooth, the app is designed to control light intensity and spectrum as well as program timers or create lighting presets from any mobile device. The Cultivate Tech Bluetooth App is compatible with the following models:
(Note: Growtech X Series fixtures are controlled via WiFi using the optional controller/gateway system, sold separately. CLICK HERE
for information on controlling your Growtech X Series fixture)
Downloading the App
Both iPhone and Android users can download the Cultivate Tech App using the links below on your device. iPhone users can also search the App Store for "Cultivate Tech".
QUICK START INSTRUCTIONS
Once the app is installed, make sure your Cultivate Tech fixture is plugged in and start the app. You can navigate the various screens by swiping left or right, or by clicking the icons on the bottom of the screen.
- The App will open on the DEVICE screen where you will want to select the search icon at the top right of the screen to detect your Cultivate Tech fixture. If you are using multiple fixtures you will need to add each one separately as they are detected.
- The fixture(s) will now appear on the main screen with a light bulb icon to the left and an on/off switch to the right. The name will default to “Cultivate Tech”, but this can be changed to a name of your choosing (see Device and Change Name sections in Advanced Features for more details).
- Tap the ON/OFF switch on the fixture you would like to control. When in the ON position the switch with appear green and the light bulb icon will now appear yellow. The OFF position will be displayed as gray with the light bulb icon appearing white. You can only access the fixtures control menus if the switch for that fixture is in the ON
- When the fixture switch is in the ON position, press the light bulb icon to access that fixtures MIX CONTROL menu (see Mix Control section in Advanced Features for more details).
- Once on the MIX CONTROL screen you can manually adjust the two sliders named RED and MIX to achieve your desired light output (see Mix Control section in Advanced Features for more details), or you can select one of the two presets named VEG and FLOWER (see Setting Mode section in Advanced Features for more details). The VEG preset is a general recommended setting for plants in the vegetative stage and the FLOWER setting is recommended once plants enter the flowering stage.
- The power button will set the sliders to 0% when off, and will return to the previously determined settings once tapped back on. A timer can be set that will automatically turn the fixture on and off at user selected times. (see Timer section in Advanced Features for instructions on setting the timer).
By clicking the blank space between the fixture name the ON/OFF switch you will gain access to the “quick edit” menu. Clicking the pencil icon to the left allows you to quickly edit the fixtures name. The power icon in the center will either turn the fixture off, or on to the previously set settings (fixture ON/OFF switch needs to be in ON setting). The trashcan icon to the right will give you the option to remove the fixture from the device list.
From the DEVICE screen you can swipe left or tap the settings icon at the bottom right of your screen. The SETTINGS tab has two options;
- The AUTO CONNECT feature is turned on by default as indicted by the ON/OFF switch being in the on (green) position. When auto connect is on, the application will automatically detect all plugged in Cultivate Tech fixtures in the area. When this option is off, you will need to manually connect each fixture you would like to use.
- The SYSTEM UPDATE option can be clicked to check for application updates. If no updates are available no action will be taken. If updates are available you will be asked if you would like to install the updates by selecting confirm or you can cancel if you wish to not install the updates.
From the DEVICE screen, you can access a fixtures MIX CONTROL menu by switching the fixture to the ON position and tapping the yellow light bulb icon. The MIX CONTROL screen will display 2 sliders, one called RED and one called MIX
- On models CT-BB-2, CT-GT160-FS and CT-GT320-FS, the RED slider will control the 660nm hyper red diodes. The MIX slider will control the 5000K white diodes.
- On models CT-GT160-CS and CT-GT320-CS the RED slider will control a mixture of 660nm hyper red and 730nm far red diodes. The MIX slider will control a mixture of 430nm deep blue, 5000K white, and a small quantity of 660nm hyper red diodes.
- Using the sliders, the desired color can be manually set with the output percentage of each driver displayed directly above the sliders.
- Alternatively, you can use the preset buttons below the sliders called VEG and FLOWER (the user can also create custom presets. See "Setting Mode" section for more details). The VEG setting is a preset generalized recommendation to use for plants in the vegetative stage. The FLOWER setting is a preset generalized recommendation to use for plants that are in the flowering stage.
- A power button is located below the VEG and FLOWER This will bring settings to both drivers to 0%. Pressing the power button again will return your fixture to the last programmed settings.
From the MIX CONTROL screen, you can swipe left or press the SETTING MODE tab on the bottom center of the screen.
- Once in the SETTING MODE screen you will see the factory presets for VEG and FLOWER as well as a plus icon which gives the option to add custom presets.
- To create your own presets, hit the plus sign icon to the right. Here you can name your custom setting and manually adjust the dimmer sliders to your desired levels. Click confirm and your custom setting is now saved and ready for you to access at any time.
- To edit the settings of a preset, tap and hold to bring up the edit screen. This can also be done on the factory VEG and FLOWER Tap confirm to save your changes.
From the MIX CONTROL screen, the FUNCTION tab can be accessed by swiping left twice or tapping the FUNCTION icon at the bottom left of your screen. On the FUNCTION screen, you will see two options, TIMER and CHANGE NAME.
By clicking the CHANGE NAME tab, you will be prompted to enter a new name for the fixture you are currently accessing. Enter a desired name for the fixture and tap confirm to change it, or cancel to reset it to the previous name. (For an alternative method, see the Device section)
The TIMER tab allows you to program the fixture to turn on and off at specific times every day, at your specifically programmed dimmer settings. Having your fixtures on a timer is very important for indoor plant growth to keep the plants on a consistent light schedule.
- Tapping the TIMER icon will take you to the timer setup screen. Tap the plus sign icon in the top right of the screen to add a timer.
- To activate the timer, tap the ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
- Tap below the ON/OFF switch to select a time. Enter the first time you would like to program into your fixture and click confirm. (For example, if you want the fixture to turn on at 8:00AM, select 08-00-AM and click confirm).
- Next, you can either manually adjust the dimmer by using the RED and MIX sliders, or tap on “mode settings” to automatically set the fixture at one of the factory presets or one of your custom-made presets. This setting is what your fixture will enter when it is turned on at the time you programmed. Once you’ve completed setting up the first timer, click confirm.
- To have your fixture setup to turn on and turn off at specific times every day, you will need two timers (one timer to turn on the fixture, one timer to turn off the fixture). Click the plus sign icon to the top right of the screen to add a second timer.
- Since the first timer was programmed with a time for the fixture to turn on, your second timer will be used to shut the fixture off. Program the time you would like the fixture to shut off (Continuing the example in step 4, you could program 08-00-PM for a 12-hour light cycle commonly used in the flowering stage).
- Since you are preparing a timer to shut the fixture off, you would want to set each of the two dimmers at 0%. By doing this, once it has reached the time you set for your “off timer”, the fixture will reduce light output to 0%, shutting the fixture off. Click confirm to set your second timer.
- Confirm that both timers have been programmed correctly and each is in the ON position. Your fixture is now set to turn on each day at the dimmer intensity you programed on your first timer, and shut off at the time programmed into your second timer.
- The user can add as many additional timers as they desire, giving endless lighting customization settings to their fixture. See below for an example:
- Timer 1: 8:00AM, RED and MIX at 80%
- Timer 2: 12:00PM, RED and MIX at 100%
- Timer 4: 4:00PM, RED and MIX at 80%
- Timer 5: 6:00PM, RED and MIX at 60%
- Timer 6: 8:00PM, RED and MIX at 0%
In the example above, 6 timers are programmed to have the fixture mimic daylight. With the fixture starting with 80% power when it turns on at 8:00AM, switching to 100% at 12:00PM, and slowly decreasing throughout the afternoon until it is shutoff at 0% at 8:00PM. With the ability to set each dimmer to different percentages and set multiple timers with different times and dimmer settings, the combinations are endless and leave the user plenty of room for customization and experimentation.
IMPORTANT: If you have timers on your fixture(s) programmed and the fixture is unplugged or you lose power the timers will need to be reset but simply going back into your timer settings.
Thank you for purchasing your Cultivate Tech fixture.
We hope this guide will get you on your way to growing, and having fun doing it!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.